Within our Transaction Advisory Services we are looking to grow our Advanced Analytics team in Prague. Therefore, we are currently looking for senior colleague on the position of Manager.
Our teams work with many of the world’s largest organizations, fastest-growing companies and private equity firms, as well as with banks, large central government departments and other public sector bodies, advising them on complex strategic, commercial, financial and operational decisions.
We optimise and improve our clients’ operations, financials and generally their performance through data-driven insights and advanced data analytical and modelling approaches. Our work typically involves designing, training and testing Machine Learning, including Deep Learning models reflecting the business logics at hands and the improvement target, constructing decision support tools or purpose built databases storing large client datasets for our analytical models, using data wrangling tools, visualisation tools, SQL stored procedures, programming, modelling and statistical tools, to derive insight and help support commercial decisions through forecasting calculations and simulations.
These projects are principally in the Czech Republic, although there are opportunities for travel abroad, mostly within the Central European region.
Our projects often involve managing multiple stakeholders and high degrees of complexity and uncertainty. Decision making in this environment requires strong client management and communication skills, rigorous analytical techniques and excellent data handling skills.
- Prepare and deliver proposals to clients and prospective clients.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with clients.
- Manage client projects, including defining the scope of work and preparing the project budget, communicating with the client, communicating key issues to the engagement Partner, managing the rest of the team, and driving the project to completion.
- Coordinate delivery of client projects with other advisors.
- Understand the capabilities of the firm and play an active role in business development by identifying opportunities for selling our services and generating new revenues
- An university degree in mathematics, statistics, Computer Science, Operational Research, econometrics or other numerate discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in consulting with focus on IT / Data Science / AI
- Strong client focus, creative and proactive approach
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Visually creative, with a good understanding of UX aesthetics
- Logical and analytical thinking.
- Excellent knowledge of English language (spoken and written), Czech language is an advantage.
- Experience with SQL and MS Excel is required.
- Passion for new technologies is a must
- Having an in-hand experience with Machine Learning models and libraries (e.g., typical supervised and unsupervised learning algorithms & Scikit Learn), while an experience with Deep Learning models and libraries (e.g., Pytorch or Tensorflow) is a plus
- Personal responsibility, accountability, proactivity and self-reliance.
- Experience with visualisation packages (Tableau, Qlikview, Power BI) and Data wrangling in e.g. Alteryx is a plus
- Intensive exposure to diverse data & decisions challenges both from the algorithmic, and the business perspective
- Friendly and supportive colleagues of different backgrounds and nationalities; international team full of passionate professionals with a global mind-set.
- Competitive compensation package including bonuses tied to personal performance.
- Wide range of benefits such as six weeks of holidays, generous cafeteria, meal vouchers, life insurance, regular company events (after-work-drinks, ice skating, running club etc.)
- Strong support for self-education activities (possibility of getting Data Science MOOCs, BEC Higher, FRM, CFA etc.); intensive on-the-job training and experience gains
- Numerous opportunities for personal and professional growth, including international secondment within the EY network.